SEO-Pricing-Header
Idaho SEO, More than Just Potatoes
November 28, 2009
SocialRankingCorrelation
Simple Information to Rank Better and Rank Better Organically
December 23, 2009

Getting to the Top of Google with Top Rankings

googleking

Over the years I have had many people ask me how important it is to be at the top of Google or to have top rankings on all of the various search engines. Does one search engine matter more then another? There is a saying out there that goes “Go Google It.” There is a reason for such a statement. Google receives anywhere from 65-70 percent of all the search traffic on the internet on a daily basis. You look at that number and you realize that it’s amazing. Another interesting fact is that the remaining 30% or so is split with Yahoo receiving roughly 15% of the remaining traffic, while Bing receives roughly about 10%. The remaining search engine traffic is then split between all the other thousands of search engines out there such as ASK and Lycos.

There is a reason for such a statement. Google receives anywhere from 65-70 percent of all the search traffic on the internet on a daily basis. You look at that number and you realize that it’s amazing. Another interesting fact is that the remaining 30% or so is split with Yahoo receiving roughly 15% of the remaining traffic, while Bing receives roughly about 10%. The remaining search engine traffic is then split between all the other thousands of search engines out there such as ASK and Lycos.

Another interesting fact is that the remaining 30% or so is split with Yahoo receiving roughly 15% of the remaining traffic, while Bing receives roughly about 10%. The remaining search engine traffic is then split between all the other thousands of search engines out there such as ASK and Lycos.

Here is another interesting fact, statically almost 95% of the public will not look past the first 3 pages of the search engine to find the information they are looking for. I speak with people all day long every day who are asking how difficult it is to get to the top of Google. There is an answer for that and the answer is: it is extremely difficult. It takes a lot of patience and hard work. As you can see by the previous statistics, having top rankings on the search engines is incredibly important. I had a gentleman that I was speak with the other day that was asking me why I thought he needed to have internet marketing done for his business. So, I asked him a question. I asked “When you are looking for information on a product or a company what are the first things you do?” His response was all too well known. “Well I hop on the internet and look up the company.”

There is an answer for that and the answer is: it is extremely difficult. It takes a lot of patience and hard work. As you can see by the previous statistics, having top rankings on the search engines is incredibly important. I had a gentleman that I was speak with the other day that was asking me why I thought he needed to have internet marketing done for his business. So, I asked him a question. I asked “When you are looking for information on a product or a company what are the first things you do?” His response was all too well known. “Well I hop on the internet and look up the company.”

had a gentleman that I was speak with the other day that was asking me why I thought he needed to have internet marketing done for his business. So, I asked him a question. I asked “When you are looking for information on a product or a company what are the first things you do?” His response was all too well known. “Well I hop on the internet and look up the company.”

Exactly. Advertising on the internet and having top rankings on the search engines is absolutely imperative for your business. Something you may be thinking right now is how do I get my website to the top of Google? The answer is there are many things that you can do.

First thing you need to do is make sure you have your content laid out properly on your page. Meaning you need to make sure that you have anywhere from 300-500 words of content on your pages. Secondly you need to insert your keywords into that content. This is imperative for the search engines to give you credit for your keywords.

First thing you need to do is make sure you have your content laid out properly on your page. Meaning you need to make sure that you have anywhere from 300-500 words of content on your pages. Secondly you need to insert your keywords into that content. This is imperative for the search engines to give you credit for your keywords.

You need to have your images optimized and by that I mean when you have an image on your website its physical name should not be image.jpg or 001image or something to that effect.

It should be titled with what exactly the image involves, and should also contain your keywords, like Auto-Car-Dealer.png. Things like this seem small but there are literally hundreds of things that need to take place in order to get things worked out on your site so that you are able to achieve top rankings for the desired keywords.

1 Comment

  1. I have fun with, cause I discovered exactly what I used to be taking a look for. You’ve ended my 4 day long hunt! God Bless you man. Have a great day. Bye

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Top
NEVER make a serious Wordpress SEO Mistake again, with this simple checklist.

NEVER make a serious Wordpress SEO Mistake again, with this simple checklist.

Download our free, one page, power packed SEO checklist for WordPress. 

You have Successfully Subscribed!